Welcome! You've made it to the homepage of Temple Solel's 2010 mission to Cuba. From here you will be able to follow our progress as our group of 15 spends time in Havana, and beyond.


A special word of thanks to the many generous members of the Temple Solel community, who lovingly donated much-needed supplies and money that will go to directly support Cuban Jews and non-Jews alike who are in need - many of whom we will have the privilege of meeting during our trip.



Thursday, April 15, 2010

And...We're Back.

Greetings everyone!  Our group returned to Miami safe and sound yesterday afternoon at around 3:45 PM Miami time.  Many of us flew directly back to San Diego shortly thereafter.

Your tireless blogger is also the tiredest. 

The lack of posting since Saturday was mostly due to the fact that there was no real Internet service available to us outside of Havana.  Our departure from Havana over the weekend also coincided with the onset of a nasty bug that I have been stuck with ever since Sunday night.  (This morning's diagnosis from the doctor: a bacterial infection.  More antibiotics in my future.  Yippee.)  I'll keep my fingers crossed that I only got half of the bus sick.  :o)

So, from the comfort of my couch at home, where I am covered in a few blankets to ward off the chills (yes, those are violins you should hear playing in the background in sympathy for me) I'm going to make an attempt to post the remaining material from our trip.  Hopefully, my end of this blog project will wrap up today or tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'd like to hear from all of you!  Are there questions that you have about Cuba that we can try to answer for you?  There is a section at the end of every posting where you can post a comment.  Or you can email me at jbrown@templesolel.net.    Also: I've already spoken with the rest of our group, attempting to cajole them to post their own photos and reflections about the journey.  Hopefully we'll begin hearing from them in the next few days as well.

If the free software from the folks at Statcounter.com is at all accurate, then it means that there are hundreds of you out there that have been following along with our journey!  I am humbled that you have found this content to be meaningful, and look forward to hearing from you publicly or privately in the coming days.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Jeff has served as Associate Rabbi of Temple Solel from 2005-2012.